Sunday, June 14, 2020

Flowers with Taylored Expressions

Taylored Expressions hosts a monthly challenge on their Facebook page called TEMakerChallenge.  This month, you can choose from the prompts "yellow, hexagon and use something from your junk drawer."  There have been some creative junk drawer crafters!  I went with the yellow theme for my 2 cards.


I stamped the TE Doodle Flowers Background in Hero Arts Intense Black ink.  Then I colored it with Copics.  I tried to use mostly yellows... but I had to add a few pops of pink, too.  I think I used every Y copic marker I own!  I added a sentiment from TE Handlettered Sentiments, which is one of my new favorite sentiments sets!  I finished by mounting the panel on a card base made from Simon Says Stamp Sunshine cardstock.


I also created one more card for the current ModSquad Challenge of watercolor stamping.  And once again, I tried to focus on yellow as the prompt.


I used by LePlume markers to color some of the images from the TE Spring Stemps set.  Then I gently spritzed them with water before stamping them onto watercolor paper.  The bottom felt a little empty, so at first I colored a few parts of another stamp from the set to add some leaves.  Then I just free handed some leaves with marker picked up on my paintbrush.  I added the butterfly with the same faux watercolor stamping technique.  I finished it with a sentiment from the Handlettered Sentiments set.  I intended to mount this one on yellow, too, but it just needed a little more contrast.  So I pulled out some Gina K Coral Reef cardstock for the base instead.

1 comment:

  1. Both cards are beautiful. I love the delicate look of those watercolored images. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete