Sunday, June 28, 2020

Two Takes on MFT's Weekly Sketch Challenge #495

Sometimes when you hit a creative block, a sketch challenge is just the thing to get you going!

My first card uses an MFT set called Birth-yay.  So many cute animals in party hats - always a winning theme in my book.  Even better, the stamps have the scene almost created for you since all of this critter stack is a single stamp.  I added a standalone cupcake on top because two cupcakes is better than one.


I used assorted papers from an old Doodlebug pack of paper for the stips.  I decided instead of cramming the sentiment on the front to stamp it on the inside instead.  The current MFT Birthday Project theme is to create a Birthday party scene, so I think this card is perfect for that challenge, too.


My second take on the sketch flips it sideways.  I used a bunch of Reverse Confetti products to create this card for their Stock Your Stack Challenge (Hello/Just Because).


This is probably one of my favorite paper stacks they make called Fun Time.  Pink, Aqua, Lime and Purple.  Right up my alley!  I used a little partial diecutting with the Lacy Scalloped Rectangles set to cut out the panel.  The sentiment was stamped with their You're So stamp set.  I finsihed it with a few gems from Little Things by Lucy's.

So there we go.  One sketch, 2 cards despite a creative rut.  Thanks MFT for the sketch challenges every week!

It's sure to be a full house at the Simon Say Stamp Wednesday challenge this week, since it's the always popular "Anything Goes."  Entering both cards over there.

   
Anything Goes


Create a Birthday Party Scene 


       

No comments:

Post a Comment